Gut-Friendly Summer Fruit Trifle
About this recipe
A fruit trifle is the perfect summer dish and this version is great for your gut too. Packed full of fibre, this vegan trifle uses chia seeds (a nutritional powerhouse which is rich in omega-3 fats), summer fruits, coconut cream and Lizi’s Digestive Health Granola which is full of good gut bacteria.
- 5 tbsp of chia seeds
- 300ml of water
- 4 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 5 heaped tbsp of dairy-free yoghurt
- 75g of raspberries
- 150g of strawberries
- 250ml coconut cream
- A handful of blueberries
- 175g of Lizi’s Digestive Health Granola
- Add the chia seeds to a mixing bowl and stir in 300ml of water (if you’re making this dish bigger or smaller, always stick to a ratio of 1:6 when it comes to chia seeds and water). Put the dish to one side to soak.
- After ten minutes, the chia seeds will have absorbed the water to form a gel-like consistency (if the mixture is still a little dry, continue to slowly add more water).
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of your coconut cream to your chia seeds. This will form the base of the trifle.
- Pour chia seed mix into the base of the dish.
- Slice your kiwis and layer over the chia seed mix.
- Pour dairy free yoghurt over the kiwi layer until covered.
- Sprinkle over your raspberries and half of the Lizi’s Digestive Health Granola
- Spoon over your coconut cream to form the final layer of this trifle.
- Garnish this layer with strawberries, granola and blueberries.