Vegan Butternut Squash Salad with a Granola Crunch
About this recipe
This vegan salad bowl is packed with goodness, its zingy colour palette and delicious flavours will be sure to brighten your day.
- 2 small red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- Half a butternut squash
- ½ teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 heads of red chicory or radicchio
- 100g of Rocket leaves
- 1 tin of cooked Borlotti beans
- 1 tablespoon of Agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of whole grain mustard
- 4 tablespoons of Balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of olive or rapeseed oil
- 1 ice cube
- 2 clementines or 1 orange (peeled and finely sliced)
- Sundried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- A sprinkle of Lizi’s High Protein Granola
- Preheat the oven at 180c.
- With a chopping board and sharp knife, cut the butternut squash in half long-ways and scoop out the seeds from half.
- Slice the butternut squash into thin slices cross-ways, leaving the skin on.
- Peel and cut the red onions into wedges.
- Put the slices of butternut squash and onion onto a roasting tin and sprinkle with oil and chilli flakes. Roast at 180c for 35 minutes.
- Using the hob, and a small pan on a medium heat, cook the borlotti beans for around 5 minutes and leave to cool.
- Start to pile the salad leaves onto a serving dish.
- In a jam jar, put in the mustard, balsamic vinegar, agave nectar/maple syrup, oil and an ice cube. Put the lid on and shake well.
- Pile the roasted squash and red onion onto the salad leaves. Add the borlotti beans, sundried tomatoes and the peeled and sliced orange/clementine. Toss gently to combine with some of the dressing.
- Sprinkle the Lizi’s High Protein Granola on top and drizzle with some more of the dressing. Serve and enjoy.