Carrot, almond & ginger muffins
About this recipe
Grab your Lizi’s Organic Nuts and Seeds Granola to get baking and serve up these tasty carrot, almond and ginger muffins. They are as simple to make as they are delicious in flavour – and what’s more, because we’re using Lizi’s as the base, they are naturally lower in sugar and high in fibre. With a little maple syrup for sweetness and the added zing of ginger, our muffins are perfect for dark winter mornings – or, for that matter, dark winter evenings, lunchtimes, elevenses, afternoon teas…
- 125g oat flour
- 100g Lizi’s organic original granola (can also sub for the gluten-free nuts & seeds granola for a gluten-free version)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch sea salt
- 50g butter, melted (or sub for coconut oil for dairy-free)
- 100ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 50g smooth almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 150g finely grated carrots (around 2 regular sized carrots)
- 3 teaspoons natural greek yogurt (or sub for coconut yogurt)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180c. Place cupcake holders in a standard 12 muffin cup pan.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, granola, baking powder, bicarb, ginger and salt mix well.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the melted butter, milk, egg, almond butter, and honey. Then add the carrots and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cups.
- Bake for 23-25 mins until a toothpick comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Once cooled and ready to eat mix together the yogurt and maple syrup and drizzle over the top.