Crunchy Granola Florentines
About this recipe
Looking for the ultimate indulgent snack? This crunchy granola Florentines recipe is ideal. The easy to make recipe, made with Lizi’s Original Granola and autumnal fruits makes approx 25 of the sweet treats for all to enjoy
- 50g butter
- 50g Demerara sugar
- 100g Lizi’s Original Granola
- 50g dried cranberries, chopped into small pieces
- 50g sultanas
- 60g slivered almonds
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 150g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and sugar together over a medium heat until combined.
- Put the granola, dried fruit and almonds into a mixing bowl and toss until evenly distributed.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the salt and double cream, then pour onto the dry mix and stir thoroughly to coat the mixture.
- Using a greased tart tray or muffin tray, spoon dollops of the mixture into each dent and press down firmly so you have a flat top, and to ensure they are compact.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until golden brown in colour. Remove and leave to cool in the tray before transferring to a cooling rack using a pallet knife.
- When cool, melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring until completely liquid.
- Dip the bottom of each florentine into the chocolate and transfer back to the cooling rack to set. At this stage you could add a pattern into the chocolate using a fork.
- Leave to harden completely before serving.
- Store in an airtight container.