Low Sugar Maple & Pecan Granola Biscotti
- 20g raisins
- 150g flour
- 150g Lizi’s Low Sugar Maple & Pecan Granola
- 80g sugar
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- A pinch salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
For the chocolate dip (optional)
- 100g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp Lizi’s Low Sugar Maple & Pecan Granola
- Soak the raisins in warm water for 15 minutes then drain. Pre-heat the oven to 18oC (fan oven).
- Combine all of the biscotti ingredients in a large mixing bowl, stirring in the raisins too.
- Flour a clean work surface and use your hands to bring the mixture together on the work surface into a small log, approx. 11 inches long and 3 inches wide.
- Line a baking tray with lightly oiled greaseproof paper and transfer the log to the prepared tray.
- Put in the oven for 25 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and, when cool enough to handle, use a serrated knife to slice into strips around 1-2 inch wide. You should get around 10 biscotti from the log.
- Arrange the biscotti cut side up on the baking tray and put them back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes, depending on how crunchy you want them. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- For the chocolate dip, melt the chocolate gently in a pan then spoon over one half of each biscotti. Sprinkle the granola over the chocolate while it is still melted then allow to set for around 10 minutes until the chocolate is hard.
- Enjoy the biscotti dipped in a cup of tea or coffee.