Maple Baked Pears with Granola Crumb
About this recipe
Perfect for cosy nights in, this maple baked pears with granola crumb is quick and easy to make, yet tastes sublime. The baked pears are topped with a granola crumb for that added flavour and much loved crunch.
Pair with creme fraiche or sour cream for that extra special flavour and enjoy the syrupy deliciousness with all the family!
- 4 large pears, ripe but a little firm
- 100ml maple syrup
- 50g unsalted butter, diced
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 strips orange zest
- 50g Lizi’s High Protein Granola
- Preheat the oven to 190C (170C fan).
- Peel the pears, cut in half and then scoop out the cores. Into a deep baking tray pour in the maple syrup. Place the pears, cut side down, into the tray.
- Add the diced butter to the tray and scatter over the cardamom pods, the cinnamon stick and orange zest.
- Bake the pears in the oven for about 25 minutes or until tender, turning the pears halfway through cooking. To test the pears are cooked, pierce with a knife, they should present almost no resistance. By the time the pears are cooked the maple syrup and butter should have formed a syrupy sauce.
- To serve, place two pear halves into a bowl scatter over a couple tbsp of the Lizi’s High Protein Granola and a generous drizzle of the sauce. Serve with a dollop of crème fraiche or sour cream. Enjoy!