Maple & Pecan Chocolate Granola Cookies
About this recipe
The taste of autumn wrapped up in a chewy homemade cookie. Pop the kettle on, bake a batch of these wholesome cookies, snuggle up in a blanket and create your very own hygge at home.
- 110g unsalted butter
- 100g soft light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 150g plain flour
- 150g Lizi’s Low Sugar Maple & Pecan Granola
- A handful of Lizi’s Low Sugar Maple & Pecan Granola to roll the cookies in.
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 100g milk or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees and line two flat baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- In a large bowl, place the butter, sugar, maple syrup. Cream together with a wooden spoon.
- Add in the egg and beat well to combine.
- Add in the Lizi’s Low Sugar Maple & Pecan Granola, flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda. Gently mix together.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix further.
- Place the mixing bowl into the fridge to rest for around an hour. (Transfer to a smaller bowl if needed.)
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the dough into equally sized balls (around the size of a large walnut) and roll in your hands to shape.
- Push each ball into the handful of Lizi’s Low Sugar Maple & Pecan Granola and place onto the lined baking tray granola side up. Make sure these are well spaced on the tray as they will spread when baking.
- Place the tray of cookies into the fridge to chill for 5 minutes. Take out the fridge and place in the middle of the preheated oven to bake for around 10-12 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the tray from the oven and leave the cookies to cool down on the tray for around an hour before moving them. Enjoy!