About this recipe
Buttery mushrooms are layered with potatoes and meltingly good cheese and topped with a moreish granola crunch. Add a simple salad to make a cosy midweek supper.
- 2 tablespoons of rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 50g butter
- 50g gruyere, coarsely grated
- 50g parmesan or strong cheddar, finely grated
- 500g potatoes scrubbed but leave skin on then thinly slice with a grater
- 100g Lizi’s Original Granola
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Place a frying pan on the hob with a medium heat. Whilst that heats up, using a sharp knife and chopping board, finely chop the onion and mushrooms.
- Add the oil and onion and cook until it starts to soften.
- Add the mushrooms, salt & pepper and butter. Cook until softened. Take off the heat and put to one side.
- Thinly slice the potatoes and cook in a pan of salted boiling water for around 10 minutes or until soft. Gently drain when cooked.
- Place half of the cooked potatoes into an ovenproof baking dish. Add in half the onion and mushroom mix. Sprinkle with some thyme, salt & pepper, a knob or butter and little squeeze of lemon juice.
- Add the remaining potatoes and mushrooms on top. Add some more herbs and season.
- Bake on a low shelf in the preheated oven for around 25-30 minutes.
- Carefully lift out of the oven, spread the Lizi’s Original Granola on top and then add the cheeses on top.
- Turn the oven up to 200c and put the traybake back in the oven on a higher shelf.
- Bake for a further ten minutes or until golden and bubbly on top.
- Serve with a simple green salad and enjoy!