Sensational Stuffed Peppers
About this recipe
This fuss-free recipe is a balanced veggie go-to. A nourishing dinner that’s bursting with colour, whilst providing at least 2 of our five-a-day. These stuffed peppers are full of favour and come with a hit of protein thanks to their crunchy high protein granola topping.
Red bell peppers provide a dose of vitamin C, whilst the wholegrain couscous gives this dish that extra fibre hit. Lastly, the vibrant colour of the tomato sauce comes from the plant chemical lycopene. All of these nutritious ingredients may contribute to supporting a healthy heart.
- 2 large peppers
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 80g wholegrain couscous
- 30g sundried tomatoes, drained & chopped
- 110ml vegetable stock
- 40g feta
- 2 handfuls spinach chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 220g passata
- 1 tsp oregano
- 110ml vegetable stock(or ¼ stock cube in 110ml water)
- 2 heaped tbsp Lizi’s High Protein Granola
- A handful of fresh parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius. While that heats up, cut the peppers in half, taking out the seeds and any white bits.
- Place on a deep baking tray, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes and be careful not to burn.
- While the peppers are cooking, place the whole grain couscous in a bowl. Heat the vegetable stock in the microwave for 2 minutes and pour onto the couscous. Cover and leave to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Once the couscous is cooked, fluff up with a fork. Combine couscous with chopped sundried tomatoes, chopped spinach and lemon juice. Add a splash of oil to the couscous to lightly coat.
- Take peppers out of the oven and fill them with the couscous mixture.
- In a bowl, combine the passata, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Add to the base of the dish, filling the areas surrounding the peppers. Bake for a further 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top each pepper with feta and Lizi’s High Protein Granola. Place under the grill for the 2-3 minutes or until the feta is golden.
- Serve topped with a few leaves of fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon. Enjoy!