Edd Kimber Cheddar and Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins
About this recipe
Jalapeno cornbread doesn’t have to be tricky with this easy to make and delicious recipe. Made with some granola for added texture, these cheddar and jalapeno cornbread muffins are just sublime as a snack or paired with a chilli con (or non) carne.
Perfect for making for the week ahead or when you just fancy something deliciously different.
75g fine cornmeal
125g plain flour
21/2 baking powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
100g unsalted butter, melted
1 tbsp honey
2 large eggs
75g cheddar, grated plus extra for topping
50g pickled jalapenos, plus extra for topping
6 tbsp Lizi's Low Sugar Granola
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160F Fan) and place 6 tulip muffin cases into a muffin pan
- Add the cornmeal, flour, salt, baking powder and paprika to a large bowl and whisk together to combine.
- In a jug whisk together the butter, honey and eggs, Make a well in the dry goods and pour in the butter mixture and the cheddar and jalapeños.
- Use a spatula to fold togheter just until a thick uniform batter is formed. scoop the batter into the prepared tuplip cases and top with another jalapeño, a little extra grated cheddar and a tablespoon of Lizi's Low Sugar Granola.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until the muffins are lightly browned and spring back to a light touch. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly before serving.
- Cornbread is best served warm on the day made. Leftovers can be split in half, toasted under the grill and served with a little salted butter. Enjoy!