Fabulous Fish & Chip Traybake
About this recipe
A healthy Friday night fakeaway. These fish and chips are full of flavour yet have a healthy makeover by baking rather than frying. The fish is coated in a crispy low sugar granola and wholegrain breadcrumb topping, which provides a healthy source of slow-release carbohydrates. It’s also much lower in fat than your usual batter coating.
The sweet potato wedges are jam-packed full of beta-carotene which converts to vitamin A, and may support immunity and vision. Lastly the ‘tartare sauce’ comprises of natural yoghurt, with lemon and capers which is a lower-fat alternative. This perfectly balanced meal can be enjoyed by the whole family!
For the traybake
- 2 cod fillets
- 2 tbsp plain flour (heaped)
- 1 egg, whisked
- 80g Lizi’s Low Sugar Granola
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 160g frozen peas
- 4 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp capers, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Slice the sweet potatoes into long strips to make wedges. Place them on a baking tray, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- While the potatoes roast, place the flour, salt and pepper into a food processor and blend until mixed.
- Put three bowls to the side. Put the plain flour into a bowl with salt and pepper. Place the whisked egg into the second bowl, and the blended granola into the third bowl.
- Cover each fillet of fish in the flour mixture, and then dunk in the egg and then the Lizi’s Low Sugar Granola coating. Press gently to ensure it sticks and fully coat each side of the fish.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven and place the fish onto the same baking tray, ensuring the tray is oiled so they don’t stick. Drizzle over oil onto the fish and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the fish and potatoes for 10-15 minutes and turn halfway through.
- Cook and blend frozen peas with a little oil, salt and pepper. In a bowl mix yoghurt, capers and a small of lemon zest and lemon juice. Taste to ensure you’re happy with the flavour.
- Serve fish, with sweet potato chips, peas, and healthy yoghurt tartar. Enjoy!